Join me, and Allison Gingras of Reconciled to You, for a special Rosary Novena for Mothers, Grandmothers, and all the moms in your life. Each of the nine days, we take up one of the Fruits of the Holy Spirit, found in Galatians 5:22-23. Beginning Saturday, May 4, 2019, the Novena concludes on Mother’s Day, with a bonus day for Monday, May 13th, the anniversary of Our Lady’s first apparition in Fatima. On that day, we’ll pray for the Triumph of Mary’s Immaculate Heart.
Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such there is no law.
You can even offer your prayer efforts as a “Spiritual Bouquet” gift in honor of a chosen soul, near or far.
Be sure to check back for updates, and make a note to visit the blog daily during the Novena, for all of the prayers. Here is the schedule:
- May 4 – The Fruit of the Spirit is LOVE
- May 5 – The Fruit of the Spirit is JOY
- May 6 – The Fruit of the Spirit is PEACE
- May 7 – The Fruit of the Spirit is PATIENCE
- May 8 – The Fruit of the Spirit is KINDNESS
- May 9 – The Fruit of the Spirit is GOODNESS
- May 10 – The Fruit of the Spirit is FAITHFULNESS
- May 11 – The Fruit of the Spirit is GENTLENESS
- May 12 – The Fruit of the Spirit is SELF-CONTROL
- May 13 – The Triumph of the Immaculate Heart
Should you stumble upon this Novena in a future year, simply start nine days before Mother’s Day. The special Immaculate Heart prayer can be done any day you wish, preferably on a 13th Day.